Monday, January 25, 2010

"Where I End and You Begin."


Sitting here listening to the heavy rain run off of my window pain, I get to thinking...when is this all gonna end? All of this hard work, i mean. when is it going to be easy? I think back on the past and realize how many nights ive pulled all-nighters or have stressed out so much that I couldn't sleep. And for what? To live the good life in the future? Bull Shit. Everything that I have to do right know is not advancing my future because, to be blunt, NO ONE CAN PREDICT THE FUTURE.

The future could hold something that no one could have ever predicted or foresee. Something that could change our lives forever. Everything we hold near and dear means nothing in the end. Why do we have to worry so much about planning ahead? Why do we have to sit at home and cry because we didnt get something we wanted, while people are sitting out there with nothing and are the happiest people alive? Our idea of happiness and prosperity have all been turned into material things and wants.

"when you grow up, maybe you'll have a huge mansion and 15 cars, and you'll be a smart CEO of a company and make lots of money and you can do whatever you want," Mummy says.

Is that all we want these days?

"Study hard and get good grades in school and go to a good university and you can have and do whatever you want," daddy says.

What if you have a learning disability, does that mean your fucked for life? What if you are a terrible test taker? does that mean that you wont go to a good college? Why do people believe that your whole future depends on a test score? why do things have to be that way? Some of the most successful people in the world didnt finish school or get a degree. Were they doomed for life? i dont think so...

I have met people with dyslexia, autism, down syndrome, etc. and they are some of the smartest people I know. people look down on them saying they're stupid and will never amount to anything. But they have some of the brightest minds that are open to so many new things.
Some of the greatest minds have had disabilities or setbacks in their life. Albert Einstein was terrible at math, Beethoven was deaf, and Steven Hawking was completely paralyzed, just to name a few. People said that they couldnt do it, people said that their future looked grim and they wouldnt have anything in life, but look at them now, they are some of the smartest people to ever have lived.

All I'm trying to say is, what the hell is it all for? why are we preparing and worrying over all of this? In my future, I want to be happy and not look back and ask myself why I was so stressed over something that wasnt worth stressing over in the end. I want to be wise and have an open mind to learning new and interesting things and cultures, not forced into learning something to have a bloody test on at the end of the week. I want to experience true love, I want to travel the world. I dont want my life to be restricted by money or how bad or good I did in school. Because if the world ended tomorrow, billions of people will leave this world trapped by the lies of the "get rich or die tryin'" mentality, billions of people will leave wishing they had gone to play outside instead of sitting inside studying for a entrance exam. billions of people will leave this world with all of the money and things one could ever imagine, wishing they could give it all up for a happier life.

We all have regrets, but ones that only form if we stop ourselves from doing what we truly want to do in life. Do what you want to do today because time is running out. We dont have a set future, but we do have a set present; a set now.

Live your life now and have no regrets, and in the end, it'll make all the difference.


"And we all went to heaven in a little row boat.
There was nothing to fear, nothing to doubt."

peace.

X
                   

lez

No comments:

Post a Comment